Welcome in a hotel beyond compare
At the end of May 1856 the Hotel was originally opened as „Hartmann´s Hotel“. In 1910 Wilhelm Mussmann purchased the hotel and the “Grand Hotel Mussmann” was established.
His daughter Wilhelma continued the business with her mother Agnes after the death of Wilhelm Mussmann on January 5th 1940. During the night of October 9th 1943 the heaviest air raid by British bombers of the war destroyed the Hotel completely.
Wilhelma Pagel-Mussmann and her husband Herbert Pagel began the reconstruction of the hotel in 1947 and their son Veit Pagel assumed the management in 1971.
Since then the hotel has been expanded and modernized continually.
In 2006 the Grand Hotel Mussmann celebrated its 150 anniversary.
At the same time the chronicle “150 years of hospitality” was published and is available at all times at the reception desk.